Wednesday 7 August 2013

New and Improved Djokovic

Novak Djokovic showed no sign of rust in his first competitive match since Wimbledon, brushing aside Florian Mayer 6-2 6-1 at the ATP Rogers Cup.
The top seed - who lost out in the final at SW19 to Andy Murray - triumphed in just 55 minutes in Montreal to cruise into the third round and stretch his winning run in the Masters event to 11 matches.
Djokovic converted on four of seven break-point opportunities that came his way before battling back from 0-40 down in the final game.
"As the match went on, I felt more comfortable on the court," the Serbian, champion in 2011 and 2012, told atpworldtour.com.
"That's something that makes me happy. Obviously to win the first match after four weeks, first match on hard courts since Miami basically this year, it's been more than a few months.
"In order to play that well, I have to keep up and practise tomorrow, so I'm confident I can continue on."

No comments:

Post a Comment